Baby Massage is becoming increasingly popular and we understand that. There are so many benefits and of course a lot of fun to do babymassage. Please, let us tell why we like babymassage so much.
Why baby massage?
In the first place is baby massage a great way to get in contact with your baby. During the baby time you often have the feeling that there is no time besides feeding, changing and sleeping. And before you know you are a week further. Time for cuddling and maybe a little bit of “play” is rarely.
Before you know, you will start working again. At that moment time become even more rarely. So with giving a baby massage you make time to relax, time to make ‘real’ contact with your baby. Your baby will feel the love you give by your hands. You create a rest point in your often hectic life.
Next to the special moment you create, baby massage has also a lot of other benefits, like:
- It is good for the growth and development
- Your baby will get a greater sense of security
- Reduces colic
- Your baby will learn to relax
- Less unrest
- Better sleep-wake behavior
- You will learn to “listen” to your baby
- Cry less
- Good for bonding process
- Above all, you bring in a very loving and intense way time with your baby
Please note that ‘ every child is different, making the benefits per baby may vary.
If you want to start with a baby massage. What do you need?
- Natural massage oil, such as the Petit&Jolie Baby Massage Oil
- Changing mat or put your baby on your lap
- A towel or hydrophilic diaper under the legs against any accidents
- A quiet area
- Put soothing music on to relax to be
- The room must be about 23 degrees are
Note never massage fever!
Also very important: you do not need your phone during a baby massage. Please leave the phone outside the room. It will really help to relax.
Hereby we also like to give some basic exercises you can start with. For more exercises, please contact with a baby massage teacher in your neighbourhood.
- Undress your baby and put your baby on your lap or on a changing mat between your legs in.
- Grab the legs together and cradle the hips with their legs back and forth. Do this in a very leisurely pace.
- Has your baby suffer from colic move the legs than clockwise in a circle. Note: do not pull the legs and let the hips lie on the ground.
- Grab a little bit of massage oil and heat between your hands. Suit with one hand a foot and start the other hand on the top of the leg downsides and caress the whole leg. Do this a number of times. Where you are exchanging your hands.
- Now take the foot and massage the foot.
- Store this leg quiet down and repeat steps 3 & 4 for the other leg.
- Suit again a little oil and put one hand on the belly. Massage around the belly button a circular motion clockwise. This is very fine to prevent colic.
- Keep your hand still on the tummy for the warmth. Suit if necessary oil. Put your hands on the chest and massage to the side and also massage the arms right away. Repeat a few times.
- Put your baby on his or her belly. This is possible on your lap or on the changing mat. Grab a little bit of oil. Massage the entire body, start from the shoulders total down to their feet. Repeat a number of times.
- And finish up by hugging and cuddling your baby.
This is really the base, but o so nice. Please enjoy and take your time.